Sunday, September 21, 2008

My Favorite Number

5 year old son: "Mommy? What is your favorite number?"

Mommy: "Hmm. I think it is 9, dear."

Son: "Why Mommy?"

Mommy: "Why do you think?"

Son: "Because Sammy is 9."

Mommy: "No, that is not the reason. What do we have 9 of in our family?"

Son: "Children"

Mommy, thinking carefully: "What number did you want it to be?"

Son: "5 and 2"

Mommy: "Why? Because you and your baby brother are 5 and 2?"

Son, sheepishly, but with a grin: "Yes."

Mommy: "Well, I do love the two of you best, but let's not tell the others ok? Cause they might be sad. Good plan?"

Son nods his head and kisses and hugs Mommy.


2 comments:

Rachel D said...

Seth is the cutest ever. :)

Dan400Man said...

Man, those are the kind of days I miss the most! Thanks for sharing, Lauri!