Tuesday, September 16, 2008

History knowledge


First, I have to admit, my knowledge of history of any sort is pitiful. My dear husband knows all about it and has told me the same stories over and over and OVER and I still only remember snippets. "Surely you learned this in history class?!" he says..um Dear, this 7th grade girl..ok high school girl, did not care about those things at that time..I cared about OTHER things....like boys.

SO when I read or learn something new to me, I'll share here. This may help things to stick in my mind..unlike telling my children whose eyes glaze over like mine!

Funny story. When I was first married, I taught seventh grade in a Lutheran School. Stop laughing. I know I am better with little people..God taught me a lesson that year..NEVER tell anyone what you will NEVER do. I am glad to say I survived and so did they.


Back to the story. I knew I could teach them math, English and science. History scared me to death. I prepared the most for that subject. (Oh how I wish I could do it over now..with homeschooling materials!) Somewhere along the way that year, I asked the
m what their favorite subjects were. Then I asked them what they thought MY favorite subject was. Every kid agreed that History was my favorite!




No comments: