Ash Wednesday
The beginning of the service is very serious, with an extended confession and absolution with the imposition of ashes to remind us that we are sinners in need of a Savior. The Lessons, hymns and then the sermon on the Gospel - as the catechism says - fasting or other outward preparations are fine disciplines of personal piety. Just as long as we don't use them to Toot our own hornsWHAT?at this point the three year old blurts out, "Daddy said TOOT! Daddy said 'we shouldn't toot' in church!"(in case the term is unfamiliar to you...in our house Toot means ...pass gas.)That was the end of that. All of us lost it. Giggling from our family from the oldest down to the youngest. (I TRIED not to giggle really I did!) AND we were sitting in the front. We are a bad pastor's family. Next week, it is back to the back for us.
2 comments:
That is hilarious. Who could blame you for laughing? Glad this was the first post I read this morning. I think my day has started out quite right. Thanks :)
LOL!!!
It reminds me of the distress in our family when we used to have the introit on Ash Wedn that said "I eat ashes for my bread." Our cat was named Ashes. I often heard gaggy sounds coming from the kids, accompanied by panicked eyes.
Post a Comment