Sunday, January 11, 2009

Today is a day worthy of celebration!

Yes...it IS Baptism of Our Lord Sunday,
Yes...it IS my sister-in-law's birthday,

but those are not the reasons I am celebrating today.

Six years ago this morning we rode into the beautiful state of North Carolina...arriving at the then president-of-the-congregation's home. I will never forget that day. I felt that God had truly rescued us from hell. (for those of you who do not know, we came from serving two years in Kansas where dh was persecuted from the moment we arrived.)

I could go on and on about the experience, especially since I have been thinking about it all day long, but suffice it to say, the folks here had been vacant for three long years..longer than we served/suffered in KS and while we served/suffered in Iowa too. So while we were suffering, so were these two, confessional churches. Those experiences led all of us to a deep appreciation for God's blessing of each other. Does that make sense? To this day, folks from both congregations still say, "Please don't leave!" I always reply, "It is not our intention to leave anytime soon! We love serving here...and we love you!"

(This will be the only state in which THREE babies have been born! Want the tally? I know you do!)
St. Louis, MO - 2
Northern MI - 2
Southern IL - 2
Iowa - none
western KS -1
here 2 and soon to be 3!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's the same Joy from CSPP. Just wanted to say 'hi' and let you know that I am IN AWE. Utter friggin' AWE of your 10 kids. I appreciate hymnody and ultrasounds too! Looks like you're carrying a beautiful boy. I always opt for the tests so that if something is wrong, I can educate myself before birth. I'll be visiting again soon!

Lauriinnc said...

Thanks for stopping by!

That is why we have hospital births and do a little testing..ultrasounds mostly.

As for the awe thing? Like I say in my profile..I am not worthy of that. We are SO not the Duggar family. I am a regular mom, completely scatterbrained and unorganized. The other day, I told my 3 year old to take off his feet and he almost started crying and exclaimed, "But I can't!" Good thing the 13 year old was there to translate for him..."She meant for you to take off your pants!"