My kids got me involved in the social networking site, Facebook. I'm not nearly as obsessed with it as they are, BUT I am having fun with it. I LOVE the flair buttons. Would you like to know why? Of course you do! In the 70s and 80s, buttons were popular ways to express yourself. I had quite the collection myself! Sandra Boynton pictures and Jesus buttons were my personal favorites, but there were others. Flair is like that, only you don't have to find a place in your house for it and no one gets hurt when they spill face down on the floor!(ouch!)
Ok so then there is the music feature. I rack my brain to try and remember what music I like. (Understand, I listen to my children's choices in music these days) To help me, I go over to YouTube and start randomly picking songs I remember from the 70s....and then browsing the sideline suggestions. I am sitting here singing along with the computer and smiling and laughing while my kids roll their eyes and exclaim, "You like HIM? What is she WEARING? UGH, MOM!" It is very amusing.
Here is one:
I remember when I was in 7th grade, my English teacher asked us to write a paper (front of a sheet of paper..handwritten...as it was the olden days) about our favorite tv show. At that time, my brother was 2. I watched Sesame Street with him most days after school, so I wrote about that. I knew it wasn't cool, but I knew the other kids wouldn't see my paper. To this day, I like that show. I know that many others see it as the evil liberals trying to brainwash our kids, but I appreciate that they include famous musicians, artists, comedians, actors of the day to join in the fun!
by the way..I love James Taylor almost as much as Sesame Street!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment