Thursday, August 21, 2008

Potty Talk

When our family first began to grow, I had two lovely little girls. They were smart, obedient and played beautifully together. We painted at the table, they pretended to fly to the moon with plastic food in their spaceship and winter boots on their feet.

Another family member had two little boys the same ages as my sweet girls. She told me of her dealings with potty mouth. She asked for advice. I had none, as MY children didn't DO that.

Fast forward to today (and unfortunately, many other recent days) My family includes 3 teenage daughters, one 7 year old daughter who thinks she's a teenager..and FIVE POTTY MOUTH boys.

After many ignored lectures..I mean discussions about the subject and many time-outs in the hall, I am now going to resort to the old "abusive" standby I used those many years ago when unsavory things "accidentally" fell out of the mouths of those otherwise sweet girls: SOAP. I can't wait. Next..we will deal with name calling. heh, heh, heh.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Super Nanny would have a fit!! lol