Wednesday, December 17, 2008
Mary Cariola School
I have a niece, same age as my littlest girlie (7), who was born with a rare genetic deletion. She is a very bright, social girlie who has been at this school for about a year and a half. When she started there, she could not walk and now she can with the help of her very pretty green and pink walker. She has even begun to speak for the first time, learning to say "hi!" to her friends and family! These are just a few of the milestones she has reached because of the dedicated, loving and caring staff at this amazing school.
As I spend too many minutes worrying whether or not our new baby will have chromosomal challenges, I remind myself of all of the help there is available to parents of kids with special needs and that God knows those needs already and will find a way to help us meet those needs just as He has with our other kids.
It is our joy to support Ella's school in honor of her grandpa Jerry, a retired, special ed (BOCES) teacher in the NY State schools. I wish we could physically do more to help Ella and her family, but proximity being an issue, NC and upstate NY not being exactly close, monetary gifts to her school will have to do.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Congratulations! Dh grew up in a family with a similar age range.
I followed several links to a blog and found where you had responded to them and then found your blog. What fun.
Our boys made it home for Christmas. Things we normally do have not been done, but they will get there eventually.
Post a Comment