Monday, December 8, 2008

Commercial Message

As I got one kid to unload the dishwasher, I got the 5 year old to mixing up the batch of brownies I'd promised to make with him.

Rats..my favorite 9x13 pan still had to go into the dishwasher from Friday night's apple crisp. hmmm I must have another pan....oh here is another 9x13!..oh. It is one of my grandmother's pans, filled with RUST. Oh! That's ok, I have foil. Ok line the pan. I usually grease the pan with margarine..but dh got me some spray stuff for free with triple coupons the other day, let's try that. Wow, that was easy! ok.



Mix up the brownies, bake, eat lunch, don't let the brownies overcook...set on the stove to find a rack to cool them on, get distracted cause 14 year old is watching "What Not to Wear" without me!

Return 30 minutes later..see oven still on and uh oh I set the brownies on the back burner through which the oven heat pours..oh no! I am sure the bottom of the pan is burnt through and the brownies with it!

I grab the pan tip it over to look at the bottom..whew! Not burnt at all..WHAT? The brownies flop out onto the stove and the floor! ACK! My brownies have never slipped out of a pan..ever..never ever! Why on earth did they do that??? Oh. The non-stick spray...Baker's Joy. Imagine that. Should I call the company?

The brownies still tasted awesome. We even saved some for dd#2.

2 comments:

Rachel D said...

But you don't save any for dd#1... :(

Oh well, they fell on the floor anyway. :P

Lauriinnc said...

The ones we saved for Sarah barely made it...all of them did not hit the floor either :) And you know, when you get home, you can make as many batches as you want!