
I have lost or broken every piece of jewelery I have ever owned..that meant something to me. I could list them, starting in third grade, but that might take too long.
Then we get married and I get another pretty ring.
SO on to 3 months later. After a long day at school for both dh and I at school, we were sitting at a meeting with other future pastors and their wives. Dh asks where my wedding ring is.
What?? He was handing me the ring....confused as to why I was crying....
My ring had fallen off while I was sleeping. Dh (my dear sweet man) thought I'd left my ring in the middle of the bed to say "I love you!" and so he carried it with him all day long.
Things haven't changed much..in the last three weeks I have lost two checks worth $115 dollars, my camera with James' 3rd birthday pictures on it, receipt and rebate form worth $150 and a credit card. Oh yes, and let's not forget I lost my cellphone. I did find the checks (right after I got the two people to write me new ones) and I went back to the store to get the receipt and rebate form reissued AND I canceled that credit card.
Over the years, I have learned that most things are not worth the time to look for because they will show up in some very odd place I wouldn't have looked anyway...so months later I will find whatever it is. Anymore, with so many living in our house, someone has probably seen whatever I have lostsomewhere..OR if I offer a reward it will be found within the day..oh except Library books. How do we lose them??? I always end up having to pay for the dumbest ones.
You know the parable Jesus tell of the woman who searched her whole house for the lost coin? I am glad that God doesn't just wait for me to just "turn up" I am glad that he doesn't think it is a waste of time to seek ME out and save ME when I am missing.
(Yes, that is a picture from our wedding.)

3 comments:
Rookie! You haven't lost your mind yet! ;-)
And I only have 3 kids!
I'm still hoping that the keyring with the Saturn's only remaining remote shows up before winter. *That* is one luxury I really don't want to go without in the winter.
Hey -- you had your nails done!! LOL!
Yes, I am reading your old posts. lol and finding you are more and more like me! My New year's resolution is to put things where they belong right away when I find them, so I am not hunting for them down the line. David couldn't remember where he put his blankie, I had looked two days for it. And today when I was looking for the DVD we had to take back to the library, I found his blankie, under HANNA's pillow. ??? Guess this needs to be my kids' resolution too. lol
Post a Comment