Sunday, October 12, 2008

Choices

I like shopping in a store called Sav-A-Lot. It is much like Aldi in that they are cheap and your choices are limited to their brand. I can fill a cart and be back to the van in about 20 minutes. At WalMart, that is how long I wait in line!




I LIKE not having so many choices. Does that sound silly? Having a choice between 5 different brands and 4 different sizes of spaghetti sauce means I have to read the labels to make sure I am making the healthiest choice and use my calculator to make sure it is also the cheapest per ounce..and then, if the cheapest is not the most healthy, I must stand there and weigh cost vs nutritional value. Oh no! I have coupons! Now I have to determine if it is cheaper to use this coupon here or wait and use it up north 25 miles where they triple...Ugh. Can't do any of that with kids along or early in the am when my brain is not yet awake.

No comments: