The Refection for today was about Elijah asking the widow to give him some food..her last meal.
I LOVE the story of the widow and her son. Elijah asks her for her last bit of flour and oil. "Selfish!!" Some would say. But the almost best part, she willingly gives it to him! Not, "But Pastor Elijah, I don't have anything to give! This is the only money (food) I have left!" GOD is faithful. He continues to provide for the woman and her son for many years. She did not balk at God's law to obey the prophet He sends.
I do not know how God did it. I do not know how God continues to do it today! I can tell you though that our family is testament to the fact that He does provide all that we need to support this body and life...He always provides enough for us to return a portion to Him as well.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
And look what God gave her!!! Not just enough flour and oil to last, but she got to have the Prophet living right there in her house, praying with her, talking with her and her son, teaching and preaching.
Food for body AND soul...why didn't I see that? :)
Post a Comment