Friday, April 2, 2010
Holy Saturday Tradition
I actually have a personal tradition.
Since my dear husband is gone from morning til night after Easter Vigil-I listen to Jesus Christ Superstar. (He hates it.)
I love this album, and yes, I have the original 1970 one. My parents had it and I listened to it as a kid a few times. I fell in love with it while I was teaching. Actually, it was while I was correcting papers with my classmate/apartment-mate/fellow Lutheran Schoolteacher, Betty. Now instead of catching up with papers, I fold the mountain of laundry that forms during Holy Week. Yay.
If you want to join me, you can find lots of clips on YouTube . It is not Paul Gerhardt or Bernard of Clairvaux, but I still like it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
I vividly remember going with my parents to the theater when this came out. The lights came on after the movie. Some "church" group did their witnessing and handed out tracks. That was my first experience with that.
My family fell in love with the music and bought the album (which is now at my sister's house).
A couple years ago I decided to buy the DVD. I really wanted to see and hear it again after so long a time. I wasn't disappointed. Although watching the special features did fill in some of missing pieces for me. The movie was based on the Gospel of Judas. But when does secular ever get anything Christian right? I still enjoy some of the songs.
Have a Blessed Easter!
Post a Comment