Friday, April 3, 2009

Celebrating!

My friend, Polly, just had her baby last night.

I am so happy! This was her first hospital birth, the other 4 were born at home. I hope, for her sake, she didn't make it to the hospital and got to have it at home....but since she isn't on FaceBook right now, I am guessing that is not the case.

When I told my Dr that I knew a bunch of happily pregnant 40+ year old women of more than 3 or 4 already, he looked at me in shock and disbelief. I am guessing that 50 years ago, doctors were not so shocked. I am blessed to know lots of folks who share my convictions about children and motherhood. Even though some days are really hard :)

I wish it was me holding my baby right now. I really want my brain back.

No comments: