I usually laugh and say, "I wish!" or some such thing. I can tell by the look on their faces that they do not believe me and I that they think I truly must have some sort of super-power.
My "superpower," if I even have one, is making beautiful, healthy babies...and yet, even that is truly God's Work, not mine.
I do have a hard time being a parent. I was SO glad to be done with classroom teaching for several reasons:
- I cannot stand bickering
- I hate being the "judge" when I haven't even been a witness to the "crime"
- I didn't like when parents did not see the "spin" their kid put on a classroom situation
Lord, have mercy.
I just pray that when my children become parents, they have the ability to deal with all of those situations more perfectly than I have been able to.

1 comment:
Well said, Lauri!!! I only wish I had the patience I am so often credited with having. :/
Post a Comment